Some of your most powerful leadership moments don't require words in order to tell everyone in the room exactly what type of leader you are...
- When you sit by the new guy at lunch.
- When you miss a meeting in the office to change someone's tire in the parking lot.
- When you see a team member out to dinner with their family and you pick up their tab.
- When a team member sees you in the long visitation line at a family member's funeral.
- When you buy a team member tickets to take their dad to the big game.
- When you show up at the team's lunch celebrating their best month of sales.
- When you stand in the back of the room during the midnight launch of the new website.
- When you work the days between Christmas and New Years so others can travel to spend more time with family.
- When you see a team member giving their family a tour of the office and you stop and talk with them.
- When you show up in the emergency room after a team member's child has an accident.
Never forget that the things you DO often carry more weight than the things you SAY.